domingo, 15 de abril de 2007

Patagonia!

It has been over a week now since I got back from Patagonia. A tough week I have to say as I am still not used to getting back to Curitiba after an international trip. So I had to go thru a bit of drama during the week until things got settled again.

The trip was fantastic! It really feels like you are at the end of the world. We left on Thursday and had dinner at the Fasano Hotel Restaurant in São Paulo. An amazing restaurant, very sophisticated with the nice paulistanos. Than on to Santiago de Chile. We were lucky to be on the afternoon flight since all airports in Brazil closed down due to an air controler's strike from 6pm onwards! The country is in a bit of a turmoil.

Chile is a very organised country. Not that typical Latin America mess. But in a way it looks out of place, more like Canada, nice and boring. From Santiago it was a 3 hour flight down to Punta Arenas, at the southern tip of the continent. Than the hotel van was waiting for us (mom, dad, brother) and other guests for a 5 hour drive to the hotel. Quite a long day but the feeling of being so far away was exhilarating!!!

The hotel were we stayed is a great place. Called Explora, it is in the middle of the Torres del Paine National Park. It pampers the guests and from the hotel we can do lots of walks, see glaciers, ride horses or simply stay at the jacuzzi. We had 4 days in heaven.

On our way back to Brazil we stopped in Buenos Aires and it is booming!!! Feels like Barcelona! Of course I wanted to stay there and live in Argentina but I had to come back to Brazil!!! :-)

Hopefully in two weeks time I can move to my flat! It is almost ready!

2 comentários:

Alan disse...

Não tirou fotos não???

Pao-ST-Ber disse...

The pictures look amazing!
I absolutely want to go there too!!!
Tell me (or us, your fans) about your flat. Why do you say it is almost ready? Is it new construction or did you remodel it? When can I go visit ;)